Questions to ask when evaluating an Oracle solution
- What does a typical Oracle implementation or support team look like? How many administrators are recommended? How many developers? How many support personnel?
- Does your proposal include the use of an Oracle Accelerator for streamlined implementation? What specifics actually govern this offer? Will I have to conform my business to match Oracle’s ideas of how to run a business in order to get the benefits of the rapid implementation? How will the cost and time of implementation be affected if I want to have the solution modified to meet my unique business practices?
- Do I have to license named users instead of concurrent users or user sessions? What is the difference, and what do you see as the pros and cons of each?
- Is there a minimum number of users I need to license?
- Can you provide details on the cost and steps to migrate to the new Oracle Fusion Applications? If I’m running one of Oracle’s current generation of applications, what functionality from my product is part of the Fusion Applications? What functionality will I lose?
- If I’m not using Oracle’s database and middleware to support my Oracle Business Applications today, will I need to do so in the future? What cost and potential business disruption do I face in making that platform change?
- Will my business be audited by Oracle in the future to determine my usage of the application? If so, will this affect my maintenance costs or overall cost of ownership in using Oracle applications?
Posted on February 8, 2011, in Oracle. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.