Recently, we did an upgrade from Microsoft CRM 2013 to Microsoft CRM 2015 and thought it would be helpful for someone who is keen to do that soon.
- .Net 4.5.2 needs to be installed
- Reporting Extension should be removed
- Microsoft CRM 2013 SP1 should be installed
It took 30 minutes for me to finish the upgrade and it depends on the server and availability of resources.
Lets start the upgrade;
- Download the Microsoft CRM 2015 installer from MSDN site.
- Double click on the installer
3. If the pre requisites are completed, there wouldn‘t be any issues and it will take you to the next page. Click Next
4. Enter the serial number and click Next
5. Click < I accept>
6. You would not get the below screen if you have installed .Net 4.5.2 already (if you don’t get this screen, skip to step# 9). If you get this screen, you should install .Net 4.5.2 and then restart the server once it is completed.
7. Wait for .Net framework to be installed
8. Restart the server and start from Step 1.
9. Click Next
10. Input service accounts and credentials and Click Next
11. Leave it blank if you dont know the email router server name and Click Next
12. Click Next
13. Click Next
14. Click Next
15. Click <Upgrade>
16. It tool 30 minutes for me to finish the upgrade and depends on the server size. Once completed, select the check box to Launch the installation of SSRS extension and click on Finish
17. Click Next
18. Click on <I accept>
19. Click Next
20. Click Next
21. Click Next
22. Click Next
23. Click Next
24. Click Next
24. Click Next
24. Click on Install. Once the installation is completed, you will get this screen. Click on Finish.
24. That‘s it. We are done with the CRM 2015 upgrade. Lets access CRM now …
The version should say Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015. We are done…
Thanks for reading this post. Hope this helps!!